Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) treats and corrects abnormalities of the facial bones, specifically the jaws and the teeth. Often, these abnormalities cause difficulty associated with chewing, talking, sleeping and other routine activities. Orthognathic surgery corrects these problems and, in conjunction with orthodontic treatment, will improve the overall appearance of the facial profile.
Using the latest in digital imaging technology, we will demonstrate the overall functional and aesthetic benefits of orthognathic surgery. Computerized treatment planning minimizes treatment times, recovery periods and the overall efficacy of your surgery. State-of-the-art materials such as titanium plates and miniature screws provide stability, strength and predictability to your treatment. These advances in technology, procedures and equipment reduce post-surgical recovery time, thus allowing patients to return to their normal routines soon after the surgery.
Orthognathic surgery may be unnecessary if orthodontic treatment can correct the problem. With the latest advances in orthodontics, this is sometimes the case. We will determine if orthognathic surgery is the correct treatment option for you.
What Our Clients Says
- 2018-12-20Dr. Ray and her staff are very professional. They are always very warm and welcoming.Deborah Davis
- 2018-06-26As a patient since 2011, I have nothing but positive things to say about Playa Vista Orthodontics!The front desk staff are friendly, courteous and helpful.It starts at the top.David S
- 2019-01-24Everyone at this office is always so friendly and helpful. They provide the best care and service. I would recommend them to anyone.danielle armstead
- 2018-06-27Service with a smile!Dr.Ray at Playa Vista Orthodontics is great. My daughter and I both had our braces done. I think this is great.Rachel P
- 2018-07-08Luther aswell their work is amazing and professional....i have lasted like 13 years with their work they did...i recommend dr luther and their staff u guys will be in good hands....Gilberto Perez