Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) treats and corrects abnormalities of the facial bones, specifically the jaws and the teeth. Often, these abnormalities cause difficulty associated with chewing, talking, sleeping and other routine activities. Orthognathic surgery corrects these problems and, in conjunction with orthodontic treatment, will improve the overall appearance of the facial profile.
Using the latest in digital imaging technology, we will demonstrate the overall functional and aesthetic benefits of orthognathic surgery. Computerized treatment planning minimizes treatment times, recovery periods and the overall efficacy of your surgery. State-of-the-art materials such as titanium plates and miniature screws provide stability, strength and predictability to your treatment. These advances in technology, procedures and equipment reduce post-surgical recovery time, thus allowing patients to return to their normal routines soon after the surgery.
Orthognathic surgery may be unnecessary if orthodontic treatment can correct the problem. With the latest advances in orthodontics, this is sometimes the case. We will determine if orthognathic surgery is the correct treatment option for you.
What Our Clients Says
- 2018-08-23Fantastic front staff, incredible attention from Dr. Ray, just an all around great place to go for orthodontic needs.Nina Forbess
- 2018-06-27Service with a smile!Dr.Ray at Playa Vista Orthodontics is great. My daughter and I both had our braces done. I think this is great.Rachel P
- 2019-06-03Doctor and staff are very knowledgeable, professional and friendly.Barbi Scott
- 2018-09-29I was an Invisalign patient and within one year, my teeth were exactly where I wanted them. Dr. Ray uses the most...O C.
- 2018-06-02After having a bad experience with another orthodontist I was referred to Playa Vista Orthodontics and it has been the best experience by far.Nicole Y.