Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) treats and corrects abnormalities of the facial bones, specifically the jaws and the teeth. Often, these abnormalities cause difficulty associated with chewing, talking, sleeping and other routine activities. Orthognathic surgery corrects these problems and, in conjunction with orthodontic treatment, will improve the overall appearance of the facial profile.
Using the latest in digital imaging technology, we will demonstrate the overall functional and aesthetic benefits of orthognathic surgery. Computerized treatment planning minimizes treatment times, recovery periods and the overall efficacy of your surgery. State-of-the-art materials such as titanium plates and miniature screws provide stability, strength and predictability to your treatment. These advances in technology, procedures and equipment reduce post-surgical recovery time, thus allowing patients to return to their normal routines soon after the surgery.
Orthognathic surgery may be unnecessary if orthodontic treatment can correct the problem. With the latest advances in orthodontics, this is sometimes the case. We will determine if orthognathic surgery is the correct treatment option for you.
What Our Clients Says
- 2016-05-09I always have a pleasant experience when I visit. Everyone is friendly and professional. They always explain things for me and my daughter. I would...ANGELA MCNEAL
- 2016-06-10Dr. Ray and staff rock! I had met with a few Orthodontists before coming into Playa Vista Orthodontics and this was by far my best experience. Dr Ray is...Michael Mittelmark
- 2016-08-23Yesterday was my first time visiting there office and meeting all her staff.I met Dr. Rey once before. I will start by saying that I was very impressed with...Johana Miranda
- 2016-06-09Dr. Ray and the staff (Aja was wonderful) are great! I'd definitely recommend Playa Vista Orthodontics for anyone who values great service! 5-Star...Sean Blake
- 2017-01-16Our 7 year old needed braces and we visited a couple of other doctors before my friend at work suggested Dr. Courtney Ray. When we met Dr. Courtney for a...John K.