Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) treats and corrects abnormalities of the facial bones, specifically the jaws and the teeth. Often, these abnormalities cause difficulty associated with chewing, talking, sleeping and other routine activities. Orthognathic surgery corrects these problems and, in conjunction with orthodontic treatment, will improve the overall appearance of the facial profile.
Using the latest in digital imaging technology, we will demonstrate the overall functional and aesthetic benefits of orthognathic surgery. Computerized treatment planning minimizes treatment times, recovery periods and the overall efficacy of your surgery. State-of-the-art materials such as titanium plates and miniature screws provide stability, strength and predictability to your treatment. These advances in technology, procedures and equipment reduce post-surgical recovery time, thus allowing patients to return to their normal routines soon after the surgery.
Orthognathic surgery may be unnecessary if orthodontic treatment can correct the problem. With the latest advances in orthodontics, this is sometimes the case. We will determine if orthognathic surgery is the correct treatment option for you.
What Our Clients Says
- 2016-11-15Dr. Ray and staff at Playa Vista Orthodontics are amazing! First- if you have ANY hesitation to move forward with Invisalign...STOP! I often conduct...Dianne G.
- 2017-11-03Faby is amazing and greets me every time I come in. Silvia was friendly,...Jessika L.
- 2017-10-07Dr. Courtney Ray really is the best!! She looks like a kid but when she starts talking you know she really knows her stuff. I had complete confidence in...Deborah D.
- 2017-08-21the staff is wonderful, the office is always clean and professional... the ladies at the front desk do an awesome jobthank you ladiesTaiefa Williams-Smith
- 2018-03-22Dr. Ray and her team at Playa Vista Orthodontist are an absolute delight to have worked with.Ottoyia Williams