Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) treats and corrects abnormalities of the facial bones, specifically the jaws and the teeth. Often, these abnormalities cause difficulty associated with chewing, talking, sleeping and other routine activities. Orthognathic surgery corrects these problems and, in conjunction with orthodontic treatment, will improve the overall appearance of the facial profile.
Using the latest in digital imaging technology, we will demonstrate the overall functional and aesthetic benefits of orthognathic surgery. Computerized treatment planning minimizes treatment times, recovery periods and the overall efficacy of your surgery. State-of-the-art materials such as titanium plates and miniature screws provide stability, strength and predictability to your treatment. These advances in technology, procedures and equipment reduce post-surgical recovery time, thus allowing patients to return to their normal routines soon after the surgery.
Orthognathic surgery may be unnecessary if orthodontic treatment can correct the problem. With the latest advances in orthodontics, this is sometimes the case. We will determine if orthognathic surgery is the correct treatment option for you.
What Our Clients Says
- 2018-03-09I've been a patient of Playa Vista Ortho for over five years, and I've LOVED how this practice took care of me before and after my Invisalign.Ella F.
- 2018-08-23Fantastic front staff, incredible attention from Dr. Ray, just an all around great place to go for orthodontic needs.Nina Forbess
- 2018-10-04I highly recommend Dr. Courtney Ray and Playa Vista Orthodontics to every person seeking orthodontic treatment because she's great!Lori H.
- 2018-09-20Dr. Ray and all the staff at Playa Vista Ortho have been so kind to me, and have taken care of me with the utmost professionalism and friendliness.Brian Don
- 2018-06-17Dr Ray and her team at Playa Vista Orthodontics have been amazing. My daughter has been going to Dr Ray for over two years .JACQUELINE AVILA DENIS