Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) treats and corrects abnormalities of the facial bones, specifically the jaws and the teeth. Often, these abnormalities cause difficulty associated with chewing, talking, sleeping and other routine activities. Orthognathic surgery corrects these problems and, in conjunction with orthodontic treatment, will improve the overall appearance of the facial profile.
Using the latest in digital imaging technology, we will demonstrate the overall functional and aesthetic benefits of orthognathic surgery. Computerized treatment planning minimizes treatment times, recovery periods and the overall efficacy of your surgery. State-of-the-art materials such as titanium plates and miniature screws provide stability, strength and predictability to your treatment. These advances in technology, procedures and equipment reduce post-surgical recovery time, thus allowing patients to return to their normal routines soon after the surgery.
Orthognathic surgery may be unnecessary if orthodontic treatment can correct the problem. With the latest advances in orthodontics, this is sometimes the case. We will determine if orthognathic surgery is the correct treatment option for you.
What Our Clients Says
- 2017-06-13Dr. Ray and her team are the best for their professionalism, dedication and care in all my visits. I want you to know how much I appreciate the excellent job...Lulit Tm
- 2016-06-29Dr Ray is really great, my teeth look amazing and her staff is so polite! I've recommended her to a few friends and they love her too!Jess P.
- 2016-11-13I am so pleased with Dr. Rey and her team at Playa Vista Orthodontics. I had Invisalign and absolutely loved my journey. They have become a second family to...Dorothy C.
- 2017-10-07Dr. Courtney Ray really is the best!! She looks like a kid but when she starts talking you know she really knows her stuff. I had complete confidence in...Deborah D.
- 2017-08-16I love this place! From start-to-finish they were meticulous about their work. PLUS (and this is a big "plus") they gave me a bag of microwave popcorn and...Pamela Greenwood