Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) treats and corrects abnormalities of the facial bones, specifically the jaws and the teeth. Often, these abnormalities cause difficulty associated with chewing, talking, sleeping and other routine activities. Orthognathic surgery corrects these problems and, in conjunction with orthodontic treatment, will improve the overall appearance of the facial profile.
Using the latest in digital imaging technology, we will demonstrate the overall functional and aesthetic benefits of orthognathic surgery. Computerized treatment planning minimizes treatment times, recovery periods and the overall efficacy of your surgery. State-of-the-art materials such as titanium plates and miniature screws provide stability, strength and predictability to your treatment. These advances in technology, procedures and equipment reduce post-surgical recovery time, thus allowing patients to return to their normal routines soon after the surgery.
Orthognathic surgery may be unnecessary if orthodontic treatment can correct the problem. With the latest advances in orthodontics, this is sometimes the case. We will determine if orthognathic surgery is the correct treatment option for you.
What Our Clients Says
- 2018-11-29I never had braces and...Kristen M.
- 2018-10-24Dr. Ray and her team are awesome! They are honest, friendly and knowledgable. I highly recommend Playa Vista OrthodonticsNatalia H.
- 2019-05-01Amazing staff, made me feel very comfortable, explained everything and office is clean and cozymiranda c
- 2018-07-08Luther aswell their work is amazing and professional....i have lasted like 13 years with their work they did...i recommend dr luther and their staff u guys will be in good hands....Gilberto Perez
- 2018-10-04Dr. Ray, the entire lovely staff at Playa Vista Orthodontics and these two pictures taken 14 months apart are the reason for my Outstanding rating - and my amazing smile.Lori Holland