What to Do in Case of Emergency
Call our office as soon as possible if you break or loosen any of your appliances. Please do not come directly to the office – by calling us, you will allow us to create a time to see you. Even if you have a regular appointment scheduled, call us immediately to notify us if you need an appliance repaired.
Loose Brackets or Bands
Call our office immediately for advice if a bracket or wire is loosened. The bracket may need to be re-fitted as soon as possible. You may have a situation that requires cutting a wire or sliding a bracket off a wire at night or over the weekend. If you need to cut a wire in case of emergency, you may use fingernail clippers that have been washed and sterilized in alcohol. Please call our office the next business day, so that we may schedule an appointment for you.
Sometimes discomfort caused by a wire on your braces can be resolved by moving the wire away from the irritated area with a cotton swab or eraser. If the wire will not move, try covering the end of it with a small piece of cotton or a small amount of wax. If the wire is painful, you can cut it with nail clippers or scissors that have been washed and sterilized in alcohol. If you cannot resolve the wire irritation, call our office for an appointment.
Most patients lose a separator during their treatment. Do not worry about losing a separator, but call our office to see if it needs to be replaced.
Discomfort with Orthodontic Treatment
During the first week after your braces are in place and routine adjustments are complete, you will likely feel some pain, soreness or discomfort. You may take acetaminophen or other non-aspirin pain relievers while you adjust to your new braces. A warm wash cloth or heating pad may reduce the soreness in your jaws.
What Our Clients Says
- 2018-07-11Dr Ray was so Amazing! The staff was so welcoming. It makes me sad to say that its over. I would definitely recommend anyone to them.nekita proby
- 2018-10-05Dr. Ray and her staff are excellent. I would highly recommend her for adults and children.Keith E.
- 2018-10-24Dr. Ray and her team are awesome! They are honest, friendly and knowledgable. I highly recommend Playa Vista OrthodonticsNatalia H.
- 2018-03-22Dr. Ray and her team at Playa Vista Orthodontist are an absolute delight to have worked with.Toyiak W.
- 2018-03-09They are professional, fun, light hearted, and calm. The office is clean, inviting, and relaxing!Ella-Pauline Franklin