Corrective jaw surgery (orthognathic surgery) treats and corrects abnormalities of the facial bones, specifically the jaws and the teeth. Often, these abnormalities cause difficulty associated with chewing, talking, sleeping and other routine activities. Orthognathic surgery corrects these problems and, in conjunction with orthodontic treatment, will improve the overall appearance of the facial profile.
Using the latest in digital imaging technology, we will demonstrate the overall functional and aesthetic benefits of orthognathic surgery. Computerized treatment planning minimizes treatment times, recovery periods and the overall efficacy of your surgery. State-of-the-art materials such as titanium plates and miniature screws provide stability, strength and predictability to your treatment. These advances in technology, procedures and equipment reduce post-surgical recovery time, thus allowing patients to return to their normal routines soon after the surgery.
Orthognathic surgery may be unnecessary if orthodontic treatment can correct the problem. With the latest advances in orthodontics, this is sometimes the case. We will determine if orthognathic surgery is the correct treatment option for you.
What Our Clients Says
- 2011-07-26I've been a patient here a little over a year already and I really can say I enjoy coming in for my appointments. All the staff are friendly and I've never...Adam Neil Z.
- 2017-03-24Playa Vista is special. Their staff is friendly and professional. The place is beautiful, clean, and has a great view. It's close to the airport, so you can...Flora Toro
- 2016-05-10Office is clean. Staff is friendly. Dr. Ray is super cool.We're only halfway through teen braces, but we'll give you an update when we're done:)Orchid Cameron
- 2016-01-21I saw Dr. Ray for a consultation. She is extremely pleasant, easy to talk to, and very knowledgeable. She answered all my questions and addressed my...Catherine C.
- 2016-05-14Dr. Ray is an incredible orthodontist. She and her staff make the braces experience fun and stress free!Ryan McComb